Lacrosse Coach, Summer 2024
About IMG Academy
IMG Academy is the world’s leading sports education brand, providing a holistic education model that empowers student-athletes to win their future, preparing them for college and for life. IMG Academy provides growth opportunities for all student-athletes through an innovative suite of on-campus and online experiences:
- Boarding school and camps, via a state-of-the-art campus in Bradenton, Fla
- Online coaching via the IMG Academy+ brand, with a focus on personal development through the lens of sport and performance
- Online college recruiting, via the NCSA brand, providing content, tools, coaching and access to a network of 40,000 college coaches
The Lacrosse Coach, Summer 2024 will be responsible for all aspects of training and coaching Student Athletes.
Summer Hiring Timeline:
- October 2023: Applications open!
- January – April 2024: Application review and interviews. Offers made on a rolling basis.
- May – July 2024: Start
- Prepares and implements a lacrosse training program for all Student Athletes
- Assess the performance and skill development of each Student Athlete and partners with the appropriate department for their continued development
- Help with the psychological preparation of the Student Athlete
- Develop motivational approach to practice and games
- Assist in Game Day operations
- Work to develop comprehensive knowledge of lacrosse in decision-making, handling authority and setting and meeting objectives
- Assist with pick up and distribution of uniforms pre and post-game
- Interacts with the Student Athlete as an educator of the sport and mentor
- Partners with the Student Athlete’s parent/guardian regarding their overall development.
- Skilled and proficient in all training techniques
- Effectively communicates to Student Athletes
- Assures proper safety is maintained
- Adhering to all company policies, procedures and business ethic codes
- Other duties as assigned to include pre practice and pre game preparation
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Experience coaching and/or playing lacrosse
- Skills in training and instructing lacrosse
- Strong commitment to Student Athletes
- Desire to work collaboratively with colleagues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- CPR Certification
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Ability to lift, move, push and pull equipment or boxes in excess of 40lbs.
- Should be able to handle outdoor temperatures for a reasonable period of time.
- Must be able to move around campus which includes gym, turf, fields, etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours to include nights, weekends and holidays is required
- Requires a background check upon offer
- Requires a drug test upon offer
Don’t meet every single requirement? We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfect with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Get to know us better:
IMG Academy provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.